Sharing recipe of a yummy sandwich which is quite filling as well.
The Paneer Club Sandwich!
- Paneer- cut in medium sized cubes
- Tomato paste- 2 tsp
- onion - 1 medium sized finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- fresh cream - as per liking
- fresh coriander- finely chopped
- mustard seeds
- oil - 1 tsp
- 3 bread slices ( sourdough bread tastes best)
- sliced onions cut in round
- slices tomatoes cut in round
- slices of boiled potatoes cut in rounds
- pepper - as per liking
- green chutney - made out of freshly grated coconut, 2 green chillies, fresh coriander leaves, mint leaves, salt, sugar and 2 tsp lemon juice
For the paneer filling:
Get a cooking pan and put some oil. Once the oil is hot, put in the mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add the chopped onions and fry till light golden. Once onions are golden, add in the tomato paste and fry till tomato paste is cooked. Once cooked add in the paneer cubes. Add in garam masala, red chilli powder and salt.
Let it cook.
Once the gravy thickens, add in some water. Let paneer cook in the gravy.
Then once cooked, add in the fresh cream.
Simmer for 5 mins and then turn off the heat.
Garnish wish freshly chopped coriander.
Now take 3 pieces of bread, apply butter on one side of each bread.
Place one slice of bread on cooking board. Place slices of onions, tomatoes and potatoes and sprinkle some pepper powder and salt. Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese on it. Now on the 2nd bread slice, on the other side on which there is no butter applied, apply the green chutney. Place it over the 1st slice of bread.
On top of the 2nd bread slice, now place the paneer mixture that was readied. Cover it up with the 3rd slice of bread.
Put the layered sandwich in the Panini maker or grill and grill on medium heat till top of sandwich is golden brown.
Apply some butter on top and serve hot with Green chutney or tomato ketchup.