Tuesday 20 May 2014

The Mumbai Food Festival

Hi Everyone,

Today's feedback I plan to share with you all is about The Mumbai Food Festival which was held in Mumbai from 9th to 11th May 2014. It was a twin expo with another Fashion Expo on the side.

The Venue was the MMRDA ground at the Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai.

With much excitement and anticipation I visited the Festival and though I won the Prize at the cooking competition which was also held as part of the event, that exuberance was overridden by the lack of the variety and scale of culinary Indian and International dishes that were promised of the event.

Few of the stalls which showed promise were the
·         Samudri Kanya - Seafood specialty
·         Fruitilicious – handcrafted fruit bouquets 

Some other stalls covered kitchen equipments for demo and sale which I personally felt were overtly priced.

The Don Bosco culinary school of Kurla had a wide spread of savoury and sweet and baked goodies with some unique food items like the Chicken Donut! Contact details were of Ms. Rebello.

Overall, the Festival could possibly have been much more as I personally felt it had a great potential but lacked stronger commitment and participation from stakeholders of the food industry and fell short on good execution!

I however look forward to the next in the series with my fingers crossed, hoping for the best!

P.S: Sharing some pictures of my dish and the event.



No comments:

Post a Comment